For additional information, please contact us.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following types of information, which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, (B) information we automatically collect, and (C) information we receive from third parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above, is detailed below, and hereinafter referred to as “Information.”
Information You Provide to Us:
Your contact information including name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
- Personal financial information such as account balances, income information, assets, credit score, credit history, and transaction history;
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password; and/or
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information We May Automatically Collect:
We also collect information about you from your visit to our Website including:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company, or your university;
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Website;
- Domain server from which you are using our Website;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Website;
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other information;
- Geo-location information through the use of any of our mobile applications;
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”); and
- Mobile application identification and behavior, use, and aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Analytics. Analytics are tools we use, such as Google Analytics, to help provide us with information about traffic to our Website and use of our Website, which Google may share with other services and websites who use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on the Website made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) for your web browser.
- Mobile Application Technologies. If you access our Website through a mobile device, we may automatically collect information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location. You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- Opting Out of Direct Marketing. We, or third-party service providers with whom we collaborate or contract with to perform services on our behalf, may deploy cookies and may use your Information to text, email, or contact or share with you information that we believe may be useful to you, such as information about products or services provided by or through us through permissible targeted advertisements or related to our Website. You affirmatively consent to receive these communications. To help exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on our Website made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from others such as credit bureaus, affiliates, other companies, third-party websites, and/or sources providing publicly-available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Your Information
Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information such as our newsletters;
- To process your request for services;
- To provide you with financial services or related information;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- Maintain, improve, customize, or administer our services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Website, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- To comply with our Terms & Conditions;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information.
Sharing Your Information
Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers that perform certain business functions or services on our behalf (such as process your transactions, manage our databases, maintain your account, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These companies are authorized to use your personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Disclosure of Customer Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process or as part of any internal or external audit, investigation or inquiry, report to a credit bureau, or other legitimate business need. Federal and state securities regulators may review our Company records and your personal records as permitted by law.
Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You consent to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
Online Communications. If you chose to share with us comments, post a review, participate in a survey, provide a testimonial, or other Information you consent and agree that we may make it available generally to the public and it will not be returned to you unless we receive such a request in writing from you and determine, in our sole discretion, to honor such request.
Links to Other Websites
Information Security and Data Retention
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to protect our Website. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. – We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. – We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
- If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
How We Will Contact You
You agree that we, our affiliates, and/or our third-party service providers with whom we collaborate and contract, may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email, for example, to send you information relating to our products and services that we think may be of interest to you, communicate with you about offers, promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us.
By using our Website, you agree that we may contact you by email as set forth herein. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or Contact Us.
Mobile Push Notifications
By using our Website, you agree that we may contact you by calling or sending messages to your mobile device. You may be able to use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications from us or Contact Us.
You may be able to change the privacy settings of your mobile device at any time to turn off the sharing of this location information with our Website. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
To Limit Sharing
Accessing, Correcting or Deleting Your Information
- Upon request (as set forth below) and subject to certain exceptions and limitations, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Information and will provide you access to that Information.
- We encourage you to review, update, and correct Information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete Information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant. We may not be able to accommodate your request, or we may not accommodate a request if we believe the change would violate applicable law.
To request that you access, correct, or delete your Information, contact us at:
Mail: Evans Bank, N.A.
Attn: Customer Experience Center
6460 Main Street
Williamsville, NY 14221
Call us at: 716.926.3313 or 866.310.0763
The requests above will be considered and responded to in the time-period stated by applicable law. Note, certain Information may be exempt from such requests. We may require additional information from you to confirm your identity in responding to such requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities applicable to you and your situation, although we invite you to contact us with any concern as we would be happy to try and resolve it directly.
Our Website is intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). By using our Website, you agree that you are eighteen (18) years or older. If we have actual knowledge that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
Mobile Device Privacy Disclosure
The Evans Bank mobile application requests access to information stored on your device such as location, camera, contacts, or other features you are enrolled in to enrich and simplify your own user experience and improve our services, as well as provide additional security to protect your account. It is important for you to understand that before granting access to this information, you will be prompted to give the application that permission. If you do not wish to grant that permission, you may decline. If you later change your mind, those permissions can be updated in your device’s settings.
Some examples of information your app will request access to are location, contacts, and camera usage. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured storage of information. The application information is retained in accordance with state and federal record retention laws. Please contact us to determine specific timeframes for your personal stored information and if that information may be deleted.
Please contact the Evans Bank Customer Experience Center at 716-926-3313 regarding questions about the information included in this Mobile Privacy Disclosure or questions about this application.
Call us: 716.926.3313 or 866.310.0763
Evans Bank, N.A.
Attn: Customer Experience Center
6460 Main Street
Williamsville, NY 14221