How Evans Protects You
Evans Bank, N.A. is pleased to offer electronic banking and bill payment services over the Internet and through mobile devices. We are committed to making sure that your online information is always safe and secure. With our state-of-the-art security infrastructure in place as well as the security built into your browser, we believe that your online information is safe from outside intrusion. We take specific steps and provide continuous monitoring of all transactions originating inbound or outbound to the Internet.
Our Online Banking Systems bring together a combination of security technologies to protect data, you, and the Bank. Our system features access code-controlled system entry, a Network Solutions-issued Global Certificate for the Bank’s server, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for data encryption, and a firewall to regulate the inflow and outflow of server traffic.
- Our Systems have a built-in timer that will terminate your session if you are not actively using the system after 20 minutes.
- We use the strongest available 128-bit encryption to protect any information sent to or from our servers.
- Your private information, such as your Access code, will never be displayed on your computer screen or after the initial registration in any form of correspondence with Evans Bank, N.A. We will never ask you for your access code at anytime.
- We monitor specific information about your log-in, beyond your user name and password, to assist in determining if you are who you say you are.
- After three (3) unsuccessful sign-on attempts, the system directs the user to contact the Bank to issue a replacement Access code. Upon successful login, the Digital ID from Network Solutions authenticates your identity and establishes a secure session between you and the Bank.
You are also protected by Federal laws that regulate Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) services.