Evans in the Community 2022
Evans Bank has been strongly committed to the community for over 100 years.
- Evans Banks was awarded the “Outstanding” rating on our most recent Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) exam, which measures how well we are serving low-and-moderate-income communities, awarded to fewer than 10% of financial institutions.
- In the latest Mortgage Lending Report from the NYS Department of Financial Services, covering 2016-2019, Evans Bank ranked #1 in lending in minority neighborhoods and #3 in lending to minority borrowers in the same period.
- In May 2022, Evans Bank made a $100,000 donation to the Buffalo Together Community Response Fund, a community partnership created in the wake of the May 14 shooting to build upon a collective desire to address needs, long-term rebuilding and systemic issues that continue to marginalize communities of color.
- In 2018, we made a $100,000 commitment to and are an engaged participant in the East Side Avenues public/private partnership investing in businesses and nonprofits on Buffalo’s East Side.
- Our Community Development Banking team has helped to finance many projects that have benefited the community, including the City Mission’s new Alfiero Center of Hope and Promise, Hope House, Northwest Buffalo Community Health Care Clinic. Evans also made a $1 million investment in Home Headquarters Landlord Lead Abatement
- In 2021, Evans opened an East Side bank branch at 419 Monroe Street, part of Westminster Commons, an 84-unit senior housing complex financed by the bank.
- Evans has invested significantly in two signature philanthropic initiatives since 2018:
- Work/Life Solutions In partnership with the United Way of Buffalo & Erie County, the innovative program has provided onsite employee referral services, financial education and a loan and savings product for employees of WNY companies/nonprofits enrolled in the program.
- Building Excellent Schools Evans has supported Buffalo Collegiate Charter School and Persistence Preparatory Academy, two Charter Schools committed to academic excellence serving Buffalo’s underserved children.
- The Evans Financial Fitness team is comprised of Buffalo & Rochester associates passionate about the financial health of our clients and community and offers financial training to help residents of our community learn more about how they can leverage existing resources and build their wealth.
- We provide our employees with the opportunity to use paid time off to perform volunteer community service. In 2021, this amounted to nearly 5,000 hours of community service performed by our employees, including Board service, and volunteering both individually and as a team through the bank’s Community Commitment Team.