Welcome Former Fairport Savings Bank Customers
Two customer-focused, community-based banks have joined together to serve you better.
Welcome to Evans Bank
On August 10th, 2020, Evans Bank completed our systems integration with Fairport Savings Bank. We’re excited about the opportunity to serve you and to expand into the Rochester area.
Your Fairport Savings Bank accounts have become Evans Bank accounts and Fairport Savings branches have become Evans branches. As an Evans Bank customer, you also have access to additional financial services through Evans Bancorp’s wholly owned insurance subsidiary, Evans Insurance Agency, and Evans Investment Services.
You + Evans = Better Together
Our primary goal throughout this merger is to make the transition process as easy as possible for you. A Customer Welcome Kit has been created to answer some of the questions you may have about the merger.
Your account number(s) will remain the same, unless you are notified otherwise.
If you currently use Fairport Savings Bank Online Banking, you’ll have access to Evans Online Banking and Bill Pay after the conversion. For more information and instructions for logging in on or anytime after 9:00 AM on Monday, August 10, 2020, see pages 10-11 in the Welcome Catalog. You’ll also receive a separate letter with more information before conversion.
Instructions for First-Time Log In
Please follow these simple steps when you first log in on or after August 10.
- From the evansbank.com homepage, click the white “Log In” button at the top of the page to access the login screen.
- At the login screen, enter your existing Fairport Savings Bank Online Banking User Name to sign in, unless you’ve been notified otherwise.
- After entering your username, you’ll be prompted to continue with a one-time security code. Click “Continue with Security Code.”
- The one-time security code helps verify your identity. You may receive your code via text message or phone call. Select the option that works best for you.
- Once you receive the one-time security code, enter the code and complete the authentication process. Note: you’ll be required to complete this process the first time you log in from any new device.
- At your initial login, enter your temporary password, which is your five-digit zip code plus the last four digits of your Social Security number. For business users, the initial password will be your five-digit zip code plus the last four digits of your tax identification number (TIN).
- You’ll be required to change your password. Follow the on-screen instructions to create your new password and complete your initial login. Once you’ve logged in to Evans Online Banking from a desktop computer, you’ll have access to Evans Mobile Banking. The Evans Bank mobile app is available for all your favorite mobile devices and tablets.
Online Bill Pay
Fairport Savings Bank Online Bill Pay will not be available after 4 pm August 6. Payments that are scheduled prior to that time will be made as directed. You will be able to schedule new payments on or after August 10. Your existing list of merchants will automatically convert to Evans Bank Online Bill Pay, which will be available to you starting at 9 am on August 10.
Quicken, Quickbooks, and Mint Services
Fairport Savings Bank is converting to Evans Bank the weekend of August 7, 2020. To continue using Quicken, Quickbooks, Mint, and associated services, you will need to deactivate, and then reactivate your account after August 10, 2020. Instructions for how to complete this process are available below for Windows and Mac operating systems, or by calling the Evans Customer Experience Center at (716) 926-3313.
- Quicken Web Connect for Windows Conversion Instructions
- Quicken Web Connect for Mac Conversion Instructions
- Quicken Express Web Connect for Windows Conversion Instructions
- Quicken Express Web Connect for Mac Conversion Instructions
- QuickBooks Online Conversion Instructions for Small Business, Freelancer, and Advanced
- QuickBooks Web Connect for Windows Conversion Instructions
- QuickBooks Web Connect for Mac Conversion Instructions
Simply download the Evans Bank mobile app any time after the conversion to log in. You can access your accounts from your mobile device using your existing online banking user ID and the new password you selected after logging into online banking. Please be sure to log in to online banking for the first time on a desktop computer before attempting to access mobile banking.
You can continue to use your existing supply of checks until you’re ready to re-order. If you do not order your checks through our check provider (Deluxe) and order your checks after the conversion, you’ll need to provide your check vendor with our routing and transit number: 0223-1012-1.
You’ll receive a new Evans Debit Mastercard® or ATM card prior to the conversion. Please continue to use your existing Fairport Savings Bank Debit/ATM Card until 5 am on August 10. When you receive your new Evans card, be sure to activate it and select a new personal identification number (PIN). Business customers will receive a new PIN in a separate mailing and may activate cards when received.
If you use a coupon book to make your payments, you will transition to monthly statements. Your monthly due date may change. You’ll see the due date on your first Evans Bank statement. Please see page 13 in the Welcome Catalog for additional details and information on making your payments after the conversion.
Fairport Savings Bank will provide a final statement listing all activity through the conversion date of August 7, 2020. Your next statement will be from Evans Bank and will include all activity from August 8, 2020 forward. For tax purposes at year-end, you will receive tax information from Evans Bank, which will report all interest earned for 2020. Please see the product sections in the Welcome Catalog for additional information about your statements.
If you have a relationship with Fairport Wealth Management or
FSB Insurance Agency, you’ll receive a separate communication about your relationship.
If you have additional questions, stop by your local branch or call us at 866.310.0763, Monday through Friday 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm.